To get access to Netgear WNR1000v3 Genie router, you need the login IP address of your router, the username, and password.
You can find these info in Netgear WNR1000v3 Genie router manual. But if you lost it, then you can use the quick guide below.
- Login to the Netgear WNR1000v3 Genie Router
- Default login data for Netgear WNR1000v3 Genie
- Other Netgear WNR1000v3 Genie Login Problems
- The Password of Netgear WNR1000v3 Genie Doesn’t Work
- What if forgot password to Netgear WNR1000v3 Genie router?
- How to Reset the Netgear WNR1000v3 Genie Router To Default Settings?
- Change Netgear WNR1000v3 Genie Default Wifi Name (SSID)
- Configure Wireless MAC address filter for Netgear WNR1000v3 Genie
- How to configure:
Login to the Netgear WNR1000v3 Genie Router
The Netgear WNR1000v3 Genie has a web interface for configuration. You can use any web browser to log in to the Netgear WNR1000v3 Genie router.
Put the IP Address(without “http://” or “https://”) of your Netgear WNR1000v3 Genie in the Address Bar of your web browser. Then press the Enter key on your keyboard. You should see a dialog box pop up asking you for your Netgear WNR1000v3 Genie login username & password.
Default login data for Netgear WNR1000v3 Genie
You need to know the username and password to log in to your Netgear WNR1000v3 Genie router. We listed below.
|Model||Ip||Username & Password|
|Netgear WNR1000v3 Genie||192.168.1.1||Username:admin/ Password:password|
Note: If you are using the default settings you should change them to increase security and prevent unauthorized access to your network.
Other Netgear WNR1000v3 Genie Login Problems
If you can not get a login to your router, here are some possible solutions you can try.
The Password of Netgear WNR1000v3 Genie Doesn’t Work
It would be best if you tried the other same brands’ passwords.
Perhaps your router’s default password is differs from what we have listed here.
Some Brands will set a different Complex password that is difficult to remember, and then printed on the back of the router.
What if forgot password to Netgear WNR1000v3 Genie router?
If your Internet Service Provider supplied you with your router then you might want to try giving them a call, and see if they either know what your router’s login information are, or maybe they can reset it for you.
How to Reset the Netgear WNR1000v3 Genie Router To Default Settings?
If you still can’t login the setup page of router, then you are probably going to reset your router to its default settings.
To do this, press and hold the Reset button for 5 seconds. It may be an aperture or a button and will be clearly marked.
Change Netgear WNR1000v3 Genie Default Wifi Name (SSID)
By default, some Netgear WNR1000v3 Genie routers have network names (with the manufacturer name). We recommend using a personalized name because a default name unnecessarily identifies your router’s brand, which makes it easier for hackers.
Configure Wireless MAC address filter for Netgear WNR1000v3 Genie
MAC filtering allows you to restrict access to your Netgear WNR1000v3 Genie router. To enable this feature, enter the 12 digit MAC ID of each computer connected to your network into your Netgear WNR1000v3 Genie router. Be sure to update this information when adding devices.
How to configure:
- Open the web browser and type the 192.168.1.1 on the address.
- Enter the username and password for Netgear WNR1000v3 Genie router.
- Go to the MAC List page, you can find the MAC address of all the devices which are connected to the router.
- Go to Wireless->Wireless MAC Filtering page, click the Add New button.
- Type in the MAC address you want to allow or deny to access the router, and give a description for this item.
- The status should be Enabled and at last, click the Save button.