To get access to Netgear WGE101 router, you need the login IP address of your router, the username, and password.
You can find these data in Netgear WGE101 router manual. But if you do not have the manual for your router, then you can use the quick guide below.
- Login to the Netgear WGE101 Router
- Default login data for Netgear WGE101
- Other Netgear WGE101 Login Problems
- The Password of Netgear WGE101 Doesn’t Work
- What if forgot password to Netgear WGE101 router?
- How to Reset the Netgear WGE101 Router To Default Settings?
- Change Netgear WGE101 Default Wifi Name (SSID)
- Configure Wireless MAC address filter for Netgear WGE101
- How to configure:
Login to the Netgear WGE101 Router
The Netgear WGE101 has a web interface for configuration. You can use any web browser to log in to the Netgear WGE101 router.
Put the Login IP Address of your Netgear WGE101 in the Address Bar of your web browser. Then press the Enter key on your keyboard. You should see a dialog box pop up asking you for your Netgear WGE101 login username & password.
Default login data for Netgear WGE101
You need to know the username and password to log in to your Netgear WGE101 router. We listed below.
|Model||Ip||Username & Password|
|Netgear WGE101||192.168.0.201||Username:admin/ Password:password|
Note: If you are using the default settings you should change them to increase security and prevent unauthorized access to your network.
Other Netgear WGE101 Login Problems
If you can not get a login to your router, here are a few possible solutions you can try.
The Password of Netgear WGE101 Doesn’t Work
It would be best if you tried the other same brands’ passwords.
Perhaps your router’s default password is different than what we have listed here.
Some Brands will set a different Complex password that is difficult to remember, and then printed on the label of the router.
What if forgot password to Netgear WGE101 router?
If your Internet Service Provider supplied you with your router then you might want to try giving them a call, and see if they either know what your router’s login data are, or maybe they can reset it for you.
How to Reset the Netgear WGE101 Router To Default Settings?
If you can’t login the setup page of router, then you are probably going to reset your router to its factory settings.
To do this, press and hold the Reset button for 8 seconds. It may be an aperture or a button and will be clearly marked.
Change Netgear WGE101 Default Wifi Name (SSID)
By default, some Netgear WGE101 routers have network names (with the manufacturer name). We recommend using a different name because a default name unnecessarily identifies your router’s brand, which makes it easier for hackers.
Configure Wireless MAC address filter for Netgear WGE101
MAC filtering allows you to restrict access to your Netgear WGE101 router. To enable this feature, enter the 12 digit MAC ID of each computer connected to your network into your Netgear WGE101 router. Be sure to update this information when removing devices.
How to configure:
- Open the web browser and type the 192.168.0.201 on the address.
- Enter the username and password for Netgear WGE101 router.
- Go to the MAC List page, you can find the MAC address of all the devices which are connected to the router.
- Go to Wireless->Wireless MAC Filtering page, click the Add New button.
- Type in the MAC address you want to allow or deny to access the router, and give a description for this item.
- The status should be Enabled and at last, click the Save button.