To get access to Netgear VMDG485 router, you need the login IP address of your router, the username, and password.
You can find these info in Netgear VMDG485 router manual. But if you do not have the manual for your router, then you can use the quick guide below.
- Login to the Netgear VMDG485 Router
- Default login data for Netgear VMDG485
- Other Netgear VMDG485 Login Problems
- The Password of Netgear VMDG485 Doesn’t Work
- What if forgot password to Netgear VMDG485 router?
- How to Reset the Netgear VMDG485 Router To Default Settings?
- Change Netgear VMDG485 Default Wifi Name (SSID)
- Configure Wireless MAC address filter for Netgear VMDG485
- How to configure:
Login to the Netgear VMDG485 Router
The Netgear VMDG485 has a web interface for configuration. You can use any web browser to log in to the Netgear VMDG485 router.
Put the IP Address(without “http://” or “https://”) of your Netgear VMDG485 in the Address Bar of your web browser. Then press the Enter key on your keyboard. You should see a dialog box pop up asking you for your Netgear VMDG485 login data.
Default login data for Netgear VMDG485
You need to know the username and password to log in to your Netgear VMDG485 router. We listed below.
|Model||Ip||Username & Password|
|Netgear VMDG485||192.168.0.1||Username:admin/ Password:admin|
Note: If you are using the default settings you should change them to increase security and prevent unauthorized access to your network.
Other Netgear VMDG485 Login Problems
If you can not get a login to your router, here are some possible solutions you can try.
The Password of Netgear VMDG485 Doesn’t Work
It would help if you tried the other same brands’ passwords.
Perhaps your router’s default password is different than what we have listed here.
Some Brands will set a different Complex password that is difficult to remember, and then printed on the back of the router.
What if forgot password to Netgear VMDG485 router?
If your Internet Service Provider supplied you with your router then you might want to try giving them a call, and see if they either know what your router’s username and password are, or maybe they can reset it for you.
How to Reset the Netgear VMDG485 Router To Default Settings?
If you still can not login the setup page of router, then you have to reset your router to its factory settings.
To do this, press and hold the Reset button for 7 seconds. It may be an aperture or a button and will be clearly marked.
Change Netgear VMDG485 Default Wifi Name (SSID)
By default, some Netgear VMDG485 routers have network names (with the manufacturer name). We recommend using a special name because a default name unnecessarily identifies your router’s brand, which makes it easier for hackers.
Configure Wireless MAC address filter for Netgear VMDG485
MAC filtering allows you to restrict access to your Netgear VMDG485 router. To enable this feature, enter the 12 digit MAC ID of each computer connected to your network into your Netgear VMDG485 router. Be sure to update this information when adding devices.
How to configure:
- Open the web browser and type the 192.168.0.1 on the address.
- Enter the username and password for Netgear VMDG485 router.
- Go to the MAC List page, you can find the MAC address of all the devices which are connected to the router.
- Go to Wireless->Wireless MAC Filtering page, click the Add New button.
- Type in the MAC address you want to allow or deny to access the router, and give a description for this item.
- The status should be Enabled and at last, click the Save button.