To get access to MTN ShareLink router, you need the login IP address of your router, the username, and password.
You can find these info in MTN ShareLink router manual. But if you do not have the manual for your router, then you can use the quick guide below.
- Login to the MTN ShareLink Router
- Default login data for MTN ShareLink
- Other MTN ShareLink Login Problems
- The Password of MTN ShareLink Doesn’t Work
- Forgot Password to MTN ShareLink Router
- How to Reset the MTN ShareLink Router To Default Settings
- Change MTN ShareLink Default Wifi Name (SSID)
- Configure Wireless MAC address filter for MTN ShareLink
- How to configure:
Login to the MTN ShareLink Router
The MTN ShareLink has a web interface for configuration. You can use any web browser you like to log in to the MTN ShareLink router.
Put the IP Address(without “http://” or “https://”) of your MTN ShareLink in the Address Bar of your web browser. Then press the Enter key on your keyboard. You should see a dialog box pop up asking you for your MTN ShareLink login username & password.
Default login data for MTN ShareLink
You need to know the username and password to log in to your MTN ShareLink router. We listed below.
|Model||Ip||Username & Password|
|MTN ShareLink||192.168.1.1||[Show username & password]|
Note: If you are using the default settings you should change them to increase security and prevent unauthorized access to your network.
Other MTN ShareLink Login Problems
If you can not get a login to your router, here are a few possible solutions you can try.
The Password of MTN ShareLink Doesn’t Work
You should try the other same brands’ passwords. We have a large list of Brands’ Passwords that you can have a try to check. Perhaps your router’s default password is different than what we have listed here. Some Brands will set a different Complex password that is difficult to remember, and then printed on the label of the router.
Forgot Password to MTN ShareLink Router
If your Internet Service Provider supplied you with your router then you might want to try giving them a call, and see if they either know what your router’s login data are, or maybe they can reset it for you.
How to Reset the MTN ShareLink Router To Default Settings
If you still can not get logged in, then you are probably going to reset your router to its default settings.
Change MTN ShareLink Default Wifi Name (SSID)
By default, some MTN ShareLink routers have network names (with the manufacturer name). We recommend using a different name because a default name unnecessarily identifies your router’s brand, which makes it easier for hackers.
Configure Wireless MAC address filter for MTN ShareLink
MAC filtering allows you to restrict access to your MTN ShareLink router. To enable this feature, enter the 12 digit MAC ID of each computer connected to your network into your MTN ShareLink router. Be sure to update this information when adding or removing devices.
How to configure:
- Open the web browser and type the IP address.
- Enter the username and password for MTN ShareLink router.
- Go to the MAC List page, you can find the MAC address of all the devices which are connected to the router.
- Go to Wireless->Wireless MAC Filtering page, click the Add New button.
- Type in the MAC address you want to allow or deny to access the router, and give a description for this item.
- The status should be Enabled and at last, click the Save button.