To get access to Huawei E5186s-22a router, you need the login IP address of your router, the username, and password.
You can find these data in Huawei E5186s-22a router manual. But if you do not want to read the whole manual to find the default login information, then you can use the quick guide below.
- Login to the Huawei E5186s-22a Router
- Default login data for Huawei E5186s-22a
- Other Huawei E5186s-22a Login Problems
- The Password of Huawei E5186s-22a Doesn’t Work
- What if forgot password to Huawei E5186s-22a router?
- How to Reset the Huawei E5186s-22a Router To Default Settings?
- Change Huawei E5186s-22a Default Wifi Name (SSID)
- Configure Wireless MAC address filter for Huawei E5186s-22a
- How to configure:
Login to the Huawei E5186s-22a Router
The Huawei E5186s-22a has a web interface for configuration. You can use any web browser to log in to the Huawei E5186s-22a router.
Put the Login IP Address of your Huawei E5186s-22a in the Address Bar of your web browser. Then press the Enter key on your keyboard. You should see a dialog box pop up asking you for your Huawei E5186s-22a login username & password.
Default login data for Huawei E5186s-22a
You need to know the username and password to log in to your Huawei E5186s-22a router. We listed below.
|Model||Ip||Username & Password|
|Huawei E5186s-22a||192.168.8.1||Username:admin/ Password:admin|
Note: If you are using the default settings you should change them to increase security and prevent unauthorized access to your network.
Other Huawei E5186s-22a Login Problems
If you can’t get a login to your router, here are some possible solutions you can try.
The Password of Huawei E5186s-22a Doesn’t Work
It would help if you tried the other same brands’ passwords.
Perhaps your router’s default password is differs from what we have listed here.
Some Brands will set a different Complex password that is difficult to remember, and then printed on the back of the router.
What if forgot password to Huawei E5186s-22a router?
If your Internet Service Provider supplied you with your router then you might want to try giving them a call, and see if they either know what your router’s login information are, or maybe they can reset it for you.
How to Reset the Huawei E5186s-22a Router To Default Settings?
If you still can’t login the setup page of router, then you have to reset your router to its default settings.
To do this, press and hold the Reset button for 10 seconds. It may be an aperture or a button and will be clearly marked.
Change Huawei E5186s-22a Default Wifi Name (SSID)
By default, some Huawei E5186s-22a routers have network names (with the manufacturer name). We recommend using a personalized name because a default name unnecessarily identifies your router’s brand, which makes it easier for hackers.
Configure Wireless MAC address filter for Huawei E5186s-22a
MAC filtering allows you to restrict access to your Huawei E5186s-22a router. To enable this feature, enter the 12 digit MAC ID of each computer connected to your network into your Huawei E5186s-22a router. Be sure to update this information when adding devices.
How to configure:
- Open the web browser and type the 192.168.8.1 on the address.
- Enter the username and password for Huawei E5186s-22a router.
- Go to the MAC List page, you can find the MAC address of all the devices which are connected to the router.
- Go to Wireless->Wireless MAC Filtering page, click the Add New button.
- Type in the MAC address you want to allow or deny to access the router, and give a description for this item.
- The status should be Enabled and at last, click the Save button.