To get access to Cisco 870 Series router, you need the login IP address of your router, the username, and password.
You can find these info in Cisco 870 Series router manual. But if you lost it, then you can use the quick guide below.
- Login to the Cisco 870 Series Router
- Default login data for Cisco 870 Series
- Other Cisco 870 Series Login Problems
- The Password of Cisco 870 Series Doesn't Work
- Forgot Password to Cisco 870 Series Router
- How to Reset the Cisco 870 Series Router To Default Settings
- Change Cisco 870 Series Default Wifi Name (SSID)
- Configure Wireless MAC address filter for Cisco 870 Series
- How to configure:
Login to the Cisco 870 Series Router
The Cisco 870 Series has a web interface for configuration. You can use any web browser you like to log in to the Cisco 870 Series router.
Put the IP Address(without "http://" or "https://") of your Cisco 870 Series in the Address Bar of your web browser. Then press the Enter key on your keyboard. You should see a dialog box pop up asking you for your Cisco 870 Series login infomation.
Default login data for Cisco 870 Series
You need to know the username and password to log in to your Cisco 870 Series router. We listed below.
|Model||Ip||Username & Password|
|Cisco 870 Series||192.168.1.1||[Show username & password]|
Note: If you are using the default settings you should change them to increase security and prevent unauthorized access to your network.
Other Cisco 870 Series Login Problems
If you can not get a login to your router, here are a few possible solutions you can try.
The Password of Cisco 870 Series Doesn't Work
You should try the other same brands' passwords. We have a large list of Brands' Passwords that you can have a try to check. Perhaps your router's default password is different than what we have listed here. Some Brands will set a different Complex password that is difficult to remember, and then printed on the label of the router.
Forgot Password to Cisco 870 Series Router
If your Internet Service Provider supplied you with your router then you might want to try giving them a call, and see if they either know what your router's login data are, or maybe they can reset it for you.
How to Reset the Cisco 870 Series Router To Default Settings
If you still can not get logged in, then you have to reset your router to its default settings.
Change Cisco 870 Series Default Wifi Name (SSID)
By default, some Cisco 870 Series routers have network names (with the manufacturer name). We recommend using a different name because a default name unnecessarily identifies your router's brand, which makes it easier for hackers.
Configure Wireless MAC address filter for Cisco 870 Series
MAC filtering allows you to restrict access to your Cisco 870 Series router. To enable this feature, enter the 12 digit MAC ID of each computer connected to your network into your Cisco 870 Series router. Be sure to update this information when adding or removing devices.
How to configure:
- Open the web browser and type the IP address.
- Enter the username and password for Cisco 870 Series router.
- Go to the MAC List page, you can find the MAC address of all the devices which are connected to the router.
- Go to Wireless->Wireless MAC Filtering page, click the Add New button.
- Type in the MAC address you want to allow or deny to access the router, and give a description for this item.
- The status should be Enabled and at last, click the Save button.